For a fart.
Can a man’s whole life be remembered for a fart?
Can the worth of a human life be reduced to a fart?
Yes, it can.
That is how I remember Giacco: for a fart.
Ever since I was a child, my parents quarrelled.
“What do you expect from someone like you, from a family where your uncle Giacco, the first thing he did on entering a room was to fart?”
That was the final phrase my father used to end every quarrel with my mother.
That is how I remember Giacco.
I have no other memory of him but this: a fart.
In life, everyone gets what he deserves.
σκιᾶς ὄναρ ἄνθρωπος
"A dream of a shadow is man"
That is how I remember Giacco.
I have no other memory of him but this: a fart.
In life, everyone gets what he deserves.
σκιᾶς ὄναρ ἄνθρωπος
"A dream of a shadow is man"
Comments
Post a Comment