Saturday 21 March 2020

Writer versus organic intellectual

Photo via https://timenote.info/en/Graham-Greene

In my opinion currently to be a pure writer, a writer in Graham Greene's same terms ("I am my books" he used to say - but nowadays you are asked for being more than your books)  it is not truly rewarding because the chance to reach a large audience is minimized from this chosen approach.
Currently, if you are a writer you need to adapt yourself to the ongoing trend writer vs intellectual. If you are not a systematic thinker you are not interesting for the current intelligentsia.
In fact, it is quite normal to see how many writers currently recycle themselves as organic intellectuals whatever side they stay on, regardless of their being on the side of globalism, souverainism, conspiracy, or debunking ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why I write

  Ordinary life does interest me. It gives me substance and makes me be what I am. But I seek in it only the high moments. I search for the ...