Skip to main content

People individua and persons - we need to distinguish







Following the idea of ​​St. Augustine about the saeculum [1] and that of the two cities, I come to the conclusion that the structure of what falls within the transversal category "people", which eo ipso tends to the beatification of what falls within this category, and eo ipso forgets that people are made up of individuals, must be distinguished in three sub-categories:

1) those who live under the horizon of the saeculum and only in the earthly city (the mass or the flock, i.e. the majority), and we mean the sloths (the acedious), the servants of the saeculum's propaganda, those dominated by sluggishness, the followers of Satan aware or unaware...

2) those who go beyond the horizon of the saeculum, despising it, and continually looking for the city of God which is placed beyond the horizon, and those are the rebels, those who follow the voice of conscience, who seek the truth and are ready to pay the price for telling the truth, the saints, the martyrs...those must be called persons because they, first of all, go in search of Spirit and not science. Spirit creates persons, Science makes individua [2]

3) the tepids, or those whose main goal is to mediate between the city of earth and that of God, or to live with one eye within the saeculum and with the other beyond the horizon of the saeculum. In this category fall those who fill in/occupy the spaces allowed and tolerated by the propaganda and consequently make the information as an alleged opposition but ineffective in terms of truth because in any case, they accept many dogmas of the official propaganda (that there is a pandemic, that there is a virus, that all in all the vaccine is a vaccine ...) without ever really questioning those dogmas. The new alleged politicians who seek mediation between the regime's politicians and the leaders that stand out in the new oppositions, those who when they open their mouths (as the official regime politicians) always begin with " people want, people must know, people should know, our people ... ". It is a middle category dominated both by sloth, indolence, mental laziness and by infantility, protagonism and personal profit, even though under the skin they may have some genuine revolutionary ambitions, determination sometimes, courage too, but finally they are led by the inability to radically tell the truth.

I repeat once again, the De Civitate Dei is a book that was born from the collapse of a world and can teach us a lot in this era where again one world collapses and another is born.

[1] I talked about this concept HERE
[2] I talked about this HERE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Similarities between Lithuanian, Sanskrit and Ancient Greek: the sigmatic future

by Fabrizio Ulivieri Lithuanian is the most archaic among all the Indo-European languages spoken today, and as a result it is very useful, indeed, indispensable in the study of Indo-European linguistics. The most important fact is that Lithuanian is not only very archaic, but still very much alive, i. e., it is spoken by about three and a half million people. It has a rich tradition in folklore, in literature, and it is used very successfully in all walks of modern life, including the most advanced scientific research. Forced by our interest for this piece of living archaism, we go deeper in our linguistic survey. One of the most noticeable similarities is the future (- sigmatic future -). Lithuanian has preserved a future tense from prehistoric times: it has one single form, e.g. kalbė-siu 'I will speak', etc. kalbė-si kalbė-s kalbė-sime kalbė-site kalbė-s This form kalbėsiu is made from the stem kalbė-(ti) 'to speak', plus the ancient stem-end...

Yellow moons

Yellow moons at nighttime, Beyond the windows loom Stretch along and rise to bloom Flooding streets and singing rhyme. Downtown trains are full tonight. White pale girls try hard  Their world shy discard  Cross pale and dull the light. Like crows wave hands  Uneasy scatter and chat around Watch the light now profound. But proudly keep their stands. Nothing captures their heart. Like thorns they are - without a rose. Oh, if I were the one they choose I would span silent the dark. I know that window, I know it's late I know the stairs and the doorway I stand by the light at the four-way I walk down past the gate and wait. Will I see her eyes tonight? From a downtown train A girl among many faces, insane Will I catch her slight dim sight? Oh my dreams, if she falls away, Am I going alone nowhere? Following the moon's glare I lonely wait - watch the train stay. -------------- PS. " Downtown Train" is one of my favourite songs. Tom Waits’ voice, or Rod Stewart’s voice sing...

Lietuviško skausmo kultūra

  Gyvenu Lietuvoje jau keletą metų. Vertinu daug dalykų Lietuvoje. Ypač įdomūs man pasirodė žmonės. Mano nuomone, tai žmonės - ypač kilę iš kaimo vietovių, kurie sudaro daugumą - giliai įsišakniję skausmo kultūroje. Čia dalinuosi savo pastebėjimais, kurie gali būti neteisingi. Jei mano pastebėjimai neteisingi, prašau juos laikyti išoriniais — užsieniečio iš kitos kultūros žvilgsnio pastebėjimais Pagarba kitam paprastai matuojama laisve : „Kiek toli galiu peržengti savo laisvę, netapdamas problema kitam?“  Lietuvoje šis matas tampa kitu klausimu: „Kiek toli galiu peržengti savo skausmo slenkstį, kad mano skausmas netaptų problema kitam?“ Lietuviška kultūra yra giliai panirusi į skausmo viziją. Taip nutiko dėl daugelio priežasčių, tačiau svarbiausia, mano akimis, yra viena: lietuvis žmogus yra užsidaręs savyje - izoliuota, uždara ir beveik neįveikiama monada. Lietuvis žmogus turi savo tapatybę, bet ją visada sieja su dominuojančia viešąja mintimi. Jis eina savo keliu, bet visada...