Saturday 17 June 2023

Why do I forget the past?






How is it possible that I forgot so much? So much of my past that I do not even remember who was I?

What happened? In which way did I remove almost my entire life? At least 50 years of my life are all but cancelled.

I sense that memory is so strictly bound to the body.

When the body changes, and everyday changes, you lose the memory stringently connected to your body.

Memory is not a matter independent of the body, memory is intertwined with the body.

Memory, Self and body are trinitary. Three in one relation. Their staying connected it's You.

And for too long this Trinity had somehow faded into a mist dense and thick. And only now after I started some periods of fasting, I have been able to gain back some of what I was once, for the mist lifted up.

All in all, I think I am blessed because it simply does not occur to many to have the will to think about their losing the past and their memory and why.

You need components [1] in you which make you able to sense and hear the inner voice of dissatisfaction that brings you to listen, to listen to you and to what is beyond you, rising up your eyes beyond your limited horizon.
-------------------------------------------------------

[1] We have discussed this HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why I write

  Ordinary life does interest me. It gives me substance and makes me be what I am. But I seek in it only the high moments. I search for the ...