Thursday 8 February 2024

About thinking the characters when writing a story - the Jago model






Can a character who lives in the distance, only in the words of the two main figures of the story you are working on, alive, who takes shape, barely sketched from the mention made of him by the two main figures in your story, become a Jago, capable of instilling in them restlessness, jealousy, the distance precisely, even though is so close to them, and finally jealousy?

It is that distance that wedges between them, and from far it becomes close and brings both towards the separation.

How distant is suspicion in the love of Desdemona and the Moor? Yet Jago, who starts from afar with his plots, without a precise logic in his evil, as Evil in itself ultimately is, wedges himself between Desdemona and the Moor and separates them.

Well, yes, distance can exercise great power when it amplifies its outcomes while remaining distant in its essence, but it amplifies and resonates and involves such extension when the point of destruction is reached.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why I write

  Ordinary life does interest me. It gives me substance and makes me be what I am. But I seek in it only the high moments. I search for the ...