Wednesday 17 January 2024

Some reflections regarding the stage representation arisen from the vision of "Nora" - directed by Fassbinder

 





Fassbinder's "A Doll's House" (in German "Nora") is certainly a representation of Ibsen's play very different from all the others. There is a text, but the text is subjected to continuous "deformation" by the director and the actors who embody it. Like a game of mirrors, which reflect the same image in different ways and from different perspectives.

This is very evident in Fassbinder. The entire staging of Ibsen's play is a scenic deformation.

As Pirandello says "the writer's work is finished at the very point that he has finished writing the last word", the rest is scenic creation, alteration of the representation. This is valid for everyone - even for Ibsen.

But one thing remains inseparable from the author, from his personality and cultural background: his values. The values he believes in and that he brings to the scene. No representation can ever change those values. And if they should be changed, it would be APOSTASY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why I write

  Ordinary life does interest me. It gives me substance and makes me be what I am. But I seek in it only the high moments. I search for the ...