Tuesday 22 August 2023

Talking about a new genre of literature

 



I think it's important to move away from what is commonly known as entertainment literature. 

There is an excessive amount of entertainment forced upon people with the intention of distracting them from reality, from what is really going on. 

It's crucial that we avoid this and adopt instead a different way of thinking.

Now is the time to challenge ourselves with a genre of literature that encourages critical thinking rather than mere entertainment. Although some may consider Albert Camus outdated, I believe he is a perfect example of anti-entertainment literature.

I would like to mention authors like Christa Wolf, J.M. Coetzee, Milan Kundera, and Luigi Pirandello, particularly his plays rather than his novels. These authors represent a unique genre of literature that I recommend we explore further.

The above names consist of carefully chosen writers who were selected with great deliberation and patience on my part, after having discarded tons of writers who (in my opinion) relapse into Sturgeon's law.

All these authors have one thing in common - they don't write to offer comfort. They are not comforting writers. Their works can be unsettling and uneasy to read, but ultimately they leave you with a sense of high literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why I write

  Ordinary life does interest me. It gives me substance and makes me be what I am. But I seek in it only the high moments. I search for the ...