Monday 1 May 2023

Poetry, Beauty and God's breathing

 







In this poem, Bukowski is an excellent example of what I am saying, that poetry says to the poet by naming things where you have to go and where you have to go is the threshold of Beauty, which is the point where you are transcending this life (saeculum) and you hear the breath of God on you.
And poet can be everyone, who is looking for Beauty and lives and experiences Beauty in life, without writing it on paper.


your life is your life
don’t let it be clubbed into dank submission.
be on the watch.
there are ways out.
there is light somewhere.
it may not be much light but
it beats the darkness.
be on the watch.
the gods will offer you chances.
know them.
take them.
you can’t beat death but
you can beat death in life, sometimes.
and the more often you learn to do it,
the more light there will be.
your life is your life.
know it while you have it.
you are marvellous
the gods wait to delight
in you.

(The Laughing Heart by Charles Bukowski)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Why I write

  Ordinary life does interest me. It gives me substance and makes me be what I am. But I seek in it only the high moments. I search for the ...