Friday 23 September 2022

The passed away father is telling Silvia that he is watching outward after many months

 





Dear Silvia,

It has been a long winter, long and frosty. It has been grey, cold and sad. But by very slow degrees, and with frequent relapses, I recovered finally, from this long illness and winter.
Today for the first time I became capable of observing outward objects with any kind of pleasure, But surprisingly I perceived that the fallen leaves had disappeared and that young buds are shooting forth from the trees that shade my window. Oh my God, what a grace! What a divine spring for this tormented land! This unexpected weather accelerates my convalescence. I felt also sentiments of joy and affection revive in my bosom; my gloom has disappeared, and in a short time I have become as cheerful as before I was attacked by that unwanted sickness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why I write

  Ordinary life does interest me. It gives me substance and makes me be what I am. But I seek in it only the high moments. I search for the ...