Friday 30 September 2022

Silvia talking to the passed away father understands the reasons why we often live in an unavoidable comedy

 





I understand, father, that I ran my life in the name of will. My will, of course. And I went down to the sharp regions of egoism and pragmatism. Egoism and pragmatism always tear apart principles; that is just the way things are. The universe moves around, the ground changes under our feet; principles are always a step behind. I stepped them behind (smiled mildly, Silvia). Broken principles are the stuff of comedy. Comedy is what you get when principles bump into reality.
I know, father, you had a reputation for being a womanizer, and that was your comedy. How many principles did you break to get the point you got. And I? I stumbled in rigidity, in self-complacence, I lost myself in my rigid self-complacence.
We both lost ourselves in our comedies, we lived in our comedies in such an obscure way. We were not aware of it and we did nothing to change it.
No, Silvia is not so. She heard a voice, coming from the heart. Why? She said.
No reply.
At that point, tired, she thought that sometimes it would be not a little fruit if, of so many obscure and uncertain things that we push and force ourselves to think, we could stop investigating them and let them be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why I write

  Ordinary life does interest me. It gives me substance and makes me be what I am. But I seek in it only the high moments. I search for the ...