Saturday 24 September 2022

Dialogue of Silvia with her passed away father

 



Father I am perfectly aware it is you, that you want to hear about, not me. But the only story involving you that I can tell, or the only one I am prepared to tell, is this one, namely the story of my life, which is quite different, quite another matter from what you think, from the story of what you thought my life was and where you were in.

My story, the story of me, the way I think, act and react, began years before what happened, before it arrived on the final scene where you were playing your last drama and went on for years until you made your exit. Forever.

Father, you would commit a grave error if you think that the difference between the two stories, the story you wanted to hear and the story you are getting, be nothing more than a matter of perspective. I think I felt as manipulated as you manipulated many of the women who passed through your life. It is not so. It is not so. I know. But I really suffered that I wasn't the main character in your life. My perspective was that I was a minor character. Do you understand?
That is why I stopped talking to you.

I needed to be the main character in your life, father, not a minor one, where you put me: behind the scenes. I wanted to be on the stage with you, not behind, where you put me.
Do you understand father, wherever you are?
I am surprised, father of speaking to you as I am speaking to you now. I would never have dreamed of it.
Well. I will tell you my story, father, listen...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why I write

  Ordinary life does interest me. It gives me substance and makes me be what I am. But I seek in it only the high moments. I search for the ...