Saturday 5 June 2021

500 miles - First Mile

 





When I wake up, well I know I'm gonna be,

I'm gonna be the man who wakes up next to you
When I go out, yeah I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who goes along with you
When I get drunk, well I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who gets drunk next to you
And when I haver, hey I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who's havering to you
And I would roll 500 miles
And I would roll 500 more
Just to be the man who rolls a thousand miles
To fall down at your door

(I'm Gonna Be - 500 Miles -
The Proclaimers)




When I was a bit fed up, you know, and there didn't seem to be much there for me. You know how these little towns are...one coffee bar...I meant to go there and call him, but it was closed on Sunday.
That was an ugly town, indeed not a place to live long, there. But that was my place where to downplay my destiny. "Downplay"? Yes, "downplay". Don't ask me, please...I went there for a room and that fellow kept touching me, you know...wasn't it downplaying?
Why did I end up getting a room there?
Oh yeah, Down there. Liverpool Street. £3 a week.
I got a job there.
And unbeknownst to this Jack met me...I loved so much Jack! He was my lucky destiny. my forthcoming life.

I started kissing him. I kissed him, I cried and looked upon, the sky. The blue-white sky. I stood by him, hugged and kissed between branches and leaves surrounded by the sun and the summer.

Why not, Kate. I will earn money. Do you want to sit down? He asked.
We were walking along the park.
Are you tired? Or drunk? I asked.
No, I've just got a few drinks inside me. I am ok. You know when you have had two or three drinks you don't see nobody.
What do you mean, Jack? I asked.
I mean that I don't notice anybody else, when I'm out with you, Kate, That's all, you know.
I love you, Jack, I repeated. And I kissed him once more.

That day was marvellous. But then, after, it, I started being scared.
That was when all changed, And forever.
It started a not inconsequential juxtaposition of events.

Seguimi su Telegram: https://t.me/princasvilniuje


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why I write

  Ordinary life does interest me. It gives me substance and makes me be what I am. But I seek in it only the high moments. I search for the ...