Sunday 5 January 2020

Il me ne suffit pas de vivre de tout mon corps







Why am I writing? A very frequent question that I ask myself and that people often ask me. I found an explanation in Albert Camus, in one of his texts, a juvenile text (Noces): Il y a un temps pour vivre et un temps pour témoigner de vivre.
In other words, writing as witnessing of my existence, because il me ne suffit pas de vivre de tout mon corps.

Camus in Le mythe de Sisyphe cited Dostoevsky's fundamental question that had tormented him all his life: La question principale qui sera poursuivie dans toutes le parties de ce livre est celle même dont j'ai souffert toute ma vie: l'existence de Dieu.
Mine instead, the question that has tormented my whole life, is precisely: How to witness my existence on this earth? I, who do not believe in God, I, who consider myself a nothingness, an infinitely small universe compared to the whole universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why I write

  Ordinary life does interest me. It gives me substance and makes me be what I am. But I seek in it only the high moments. I search for the ...