Monday 12 November 2018

What is "narrative"?






"Your life has marked you in unique ways and these marks whether you know it or not will determine how you live your life" 
(Michael Rabiger)

To understand what a narrative is, we need to understand its status. Narratives have a status which is equal to that of commons (water, rivers, lakes, cultural heritage ...) and by virtue of their status can be shared or not, participated or not, challenged or not, accepted or rejected, renewed , corrected, contracted, subverted, transformed.
Narratives are norms, behaviors, trends, fashions, rules, stories, myths, lies ... that are internalized and believed by us and therefore accepted, in the form, for example, of convictions, of unconscious signals that have a performative nature that goes into a certain direction (for example believing that the evil people will go to hell, that money will give happiness, that according to a neoliberal principle the state should not intervene in the economy, that gold is the most precious metal ...).
The individual with respect to narratives can have a passive, critical, interpretative, antagonistic, innovative attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why I write

  Ordinary life does interest me. It gives me substance and makes me be what I am. But I seek in it only the high moments. I search for the ...