Sunday 8 July 2018

"RUGÌLE" by Fabrizio Ulivieri, an unexpected swerve which was not programmed

Foto by Živile Abrutytė





When I wrote "Rugíle" I thought I had written a book about the human condition and existence. An Existentialist book.

But the novel has been misunderstood. It was read more like a book about sex, pure sex, a parallel projection of "Fifty shades of grey" (ready to challenge the famous Fifty Shades of Grey)

When this projection started I found it useful in sales key terms. And it helped indeed to sell the book but that has led to misunderstand the real message of "Rugíle".

Sex is creativity. Instinct. Something that is beyond any understanding.

Sex is not consciousness. Sex is not rationality. It is instinct and irrationality, as creativity. Both sex and creativity are not conscious intellectual life but somehow encoded, encrypted bit of information that our mind (consciousness) can not control. Both elude our consciousness.

In "Rugíle" I tried to analyse the reasons that stay behind this instinct. I tried to understand the ground of this instinct.

I think that "Rugìle" is a good example of a message that can take a different direction, suffers an unexpected swerve which was not programmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why I write

  Ordinary life does interest me. It gives me substance and makes me be what I am. But I seek in it only the high moments. I search for the ...