Thursday 15 March 2018

Happiness Islands (Laimės salos) - Vilnius in snow



Foto Elinga Šakalytė


Vilnius with snow is beautiful. It is her natural state in winter. Without snow, in that part of the year, it is an unrealistic stressed city that does not express what it is.
Autumn is perhaps the saddest period. It's wet, it rains almost every day, it does not have a definite personality.
Only when the first snow falls Vilnius becomes Vilnius. And finally receives her charm.
Only then Rūta’s heart finds peace. Only when everything becomes white.
With the premature arrival of the first snowfall, Rūta calmed down, stayed quiet and unhurried.
She stopped thinking of Goda's visions.
She perceived that white as a sign of a new season that was beginning.
Nobody knows where a sign of a new beginning will take you. Only at the end when all the signs are composed they will show the direction and tell you where you are, what you did.


But sometimes is too late.


Not always like this though. There are times when those signs took you where you wanted.


And Rūta was hoping she would be able to reach what she wished and not otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why I write

  Ordinary life does interest me. It gives me substance and makes me be what I am. But I seek in it only the high moments. I search for the ...