Friday 23 March 2018

Happiness islands - Laimės salos (An abstract from The End)


foto Živile Abrutytė
She halted a moment to look at that sky, the sky above Vilnius and for the first time thought it was the most beautiful sky in the world. Perhaps for the first time she loved that country battered by people who wanted only her unhappiness and where nothing seemed to happen because people didn' t love changes in their gray lives.
She gripped Rebeka's blonde little head and tightly pressed against her breast. She squeezed her hard enough to the point to maybe hurt her. She then felt her blood flowing into Rebeka's.
But Rebeka was sleeping.

The sky - she thought - is like a mother. She can be angry, but does not deny love for her children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why I write

  Ordinary life does interest me. It gives me substance and makes me be what I am. But I seek in it only the high moments. I search for the ...