Tuesday 13 March 2018

Abstract of "Love šaltibarščiai and red tomatoes - biography of a love from inside " The book will be issued in June 2018


                                                                                           
                                                                                          LIES



It is almost a natural state that love causes a change in life, and no one questions it.

What is less natural is that a city or a land may change your life. I refer to a city and to a land that you do not even love too much, or you are not too enamored of it but you end up there just pushed by the events of life and discover another universe distinct from the one where you had lived.

In the context of such a city should be placed a love, without a love that had previously existed within the city I mentioned before I would not have felt the attraction that made me move to Vilnius.

I would not have been ready to try to understand this city, to know the culture, the past and the language. "I would never have come to Vilnius if I had not known you," I said

My love looked at me. And she was sure that it was true.

She did not love her land. She often said that in Lithuania it was bad. Low wages. Nobody smiled. The state did not help people. The population had decreased and fell below three million.

All emigrated.

She wanted too.. Why? I asked myself.

Why did not she love her land?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why I write

  Ordinary life does interest me. It gives me substance and makes me be what I am. But I seek in it only the high moments. I search for the ...