Thursday 17 December 2015

The Smiling Harlot





Her smile hit me straight in the heart. And it hurt.

I would never have imagined her so happy. She was really happy, in that picture.

I felt envy and yet her smile gave me back serenity. She was cooking, in that picture. And she was smiling.

- Little things can give great happiness. But you never listened to me.

A sharp pain and then my heart began to beat again as before.

- But was it a real smile of happiness? Smiles in pictures are never true, after all. A smile like that can be deceiving. How can a negative, selfish and unhappy woman like her be happy?
Her smile meant distance:

La imagine per solo fama generata è sempre più ampia, quale che essa sia, che non è la cosa imaginata ner vero stato***

Her inherent nature was the nature of a bitch, ready to sell herself to whomever would pay the most. Who lives deeply inside such a nature gains a deep throat and never finds rest.

I'm a humanist. I study humanity. I'm running behind humanity following men like Poggio Bracciolini who ran for monasteries in search of books forgotten to mankind. I discover natures that bind the world to false appearances under the agency of impenetrable demons who only long for hiding.

That smile was not the nature of the woman I had loved. It was the one of a prostitute, who, by virtue of her own demon, lost in her fictitious happiness pretended to be happy.



***The image begotten by fame alone is never more ample, whatsoever it may be, than the imagined thing in its true state


Princas Vilnuje
Fabrizio Ulivieri





No comments:

Post a Comment

Why I write

  Ordinary life does interest me. It gives me substance and makes me be what I am. But I seek in it only the high moments. I search for the ...